Hiring online coaches
Academic Ladder LLC is currently seeking one or more part-time academic coaches for its expanding 28-day online coaching program, the Academic Writing Club. The program is designed to advise, guide and support graduate students and professors as they learn techniques for becoming daily writers.
We are seeking a warm, articulate individual who has had experience coaching or supervising, or who has worked in higher education. The ideal candidate will someone who
- communicates well in writing
- can create a positive and encouraging environment in their online groups
- is knowledgeable about academia and the challenges of long-term writing projects
- will take a collaborative and flexible approach to working with the Academic Writing Club team
This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about working with academics and coaching, to work with a diverse team of creative individuals, and be part of a growing company.
- Serve as an online coach for one or more groups comprised of 8-14 graduate students or professors. Review participants' progress logs, provide online guidance, advice and support several times a week to each participant regarding the development of their writing routines.
- Encourage online group interaction and peer support. Suggest resources and references.
- If accepted, you will be expected to participate in Academic Ladder’s coach training by telephone, before the start of the program and as needed during the course of the program. There is no fee to undergo training; however, you will also be expected to commit to at least 3 months of part-time work as a Writing Club coach following training.
You will be paid $18 per member per 28-day session, with the option to work with up to 100 members at a time eventually. In addition, you will have the option to offer individual or group telephone coaching to members, for which you will be paid our standard coaching rate.
Send a copy of your current resume along with a one-page cover letter describing your qualifications as a coach, your prior experiences working in higher education, and the reasons you would like to work as an Academic Writing Club coach. Email to: Jayne@AcademicLadder.com
If you are selected for consideration, we will be in touch via email within 14 days of receipt to arrange for the next step in the process.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Know of anyone else who would be interested in this opportunity? Please feel free to forward this announcement to your friends or colleagues.