A good reminder for teachers
I've read this before, but thanks to Patricia Crane
and Rick Nichols for a reminder.
THE 30 SECOND QUIZ
Don't bother getting a pen and paper... just read...
if you can't spontaneously answer the question,
just keep going.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer
5. Name the last five Academy Award winners for Best
Actor and Actress.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remembers the headliners of
yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers, they're
the best in their fields. But applause dies, awards
tarnish, and achievements are forgotten as the accolades
and certificates are buried with their owners.
Now here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. Name three teachers who aided your journey through
2. Name three friends who helped you through a
3. Name five people who have taught you something
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel
appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time
Easier? The lesson?
The people who make a difference in your life
aren't the ones with the most credentials, the
most money, or the most awards. They're the ones